Most of the motion designers are very aware of the importance of sound design. These advices are for the ones who are still not aware.
- You think you are also a great sound designer. You are not.
- Most of the time you make your own sound design because you want to get your piece out there as soon as possible, because there is no time for sound design. Wrong.
- You think sound design is simply aligning sounds and syncing fx with the video. Wrong.
- You think your sound designer is overcharging you. You can find the find the FX in free fx websites, you can buy the song from Audio Jungle. Do so.
- You present references from great projects, then say that yours is due tomorrow. That’s not gonna happen.
- You do not consider your sound designer’s musical&creative suggestions because you have already watched enough Vimeo videos and listened enough hipster “The …s” bands. Wrong